Friday, September 13, 2013

Quick Update

Jon continues to go downhill.  I don't even know if he or I could tell you exactly how he feels but I would say in general just miserable.  He is not in pain.  PTL.  These doctors/nurses have done this so many times and are right on with what days you feel the worse.  Today was definitely the worst so far.  His platelets were low today (6,000 for you medical people) so they gave him a transfusion.  He is hardly able to eat.  He is super nauseated although he has not thrown up which is a blessing.  At times, he can hardly answer yes/no questions I ask him.  But there are short times I see LIFE in him and it's encouraging.  He will smile when I show him a video/picture of the kids, or when the kids come to see him, or when I make a funny joke.  These times are very uplifting to me!  His blood counts will stay super low until about Wednesday when they should start coming back up.  Please pray for him!  I just can't imagine what he is going through and it is excruciating to watch.  Continue to pray he will not get an infection.

My mom got home safely and Jon's parents arrived safely!!  Thanks goodness for family!!

Thanks for joining us in this journey!

We are GODSTRONG!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the fight Donna! It's Joy O'Kelley. You are so strong and you are not alone in this fight. The Lord is with you and will continue to be with you through this turmoil. Keep your head up and your faith up. It will carry you. Love to you and your precious family. Tell Jon I said hello!

AmyG said...

Praying, cousins!! So sorry this is such a hard, trying, excruciating time. Praying You feel Him as He carryies you all the way through....

Brian said...

Donna, going through Amy's cancer last year, I can relate a bit to what you are going through. It sucks. It really does and to paint it over with a bit of glossy faith doesn't do justice to your pain and even the reason God came to earth.

I took heart in 2 Chronicles 20:12... For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.

I appreciated that simple honest prayer. It allowed me to admit how overwhelming the battle was and even my own inadequacies to deal with it.

Through our battles and struggles and even into today, he has gotten us through each moment. Sometimes he would give me just enough grace for what felt like 10 minutes at a time.

It was awful and I experience moments in which it is still not easy even though she is now in remission.

Just know others have been in similar situations and also know we pray for you daily.