Good morning everyone,
This is Jon writing to you this beautiful Saturday morning! I just wanted to share some thoughts and bible verses from the new bible study that I began today. The thoughts, ideas, and verses that I am going to share are certainly relevant for the stage of life that I am going through. However I am confident that we all can benefit from God's word, because we all have our own challenges that we must deal with each and every day.
The book I am studying is entitled "Always True---God's promises when life is hard" by James Macdonald. Now you must also know that Mr. Macdonald is a fellow cancer survivor which drew me to his work. My study today focused on the fact that God is a promiser. "A promise from God is an assurance He gives His people that enables them to walk by faith wile they wait for Him to work. Today we believe; tomorrow we receive. When God promises something you can believe and act on it." What a blessed assurance that is! To know that what God promises, He follows through on. It might not be our timing but it is His timing. The hardest part about all of this is waiting according to Macdonald is the gap between believing His promise, and receiving the fulfillment of that promise. Life would be much easier if the fulfillment of His promises came much quicker :)! However Macdonald states, that while we wait, we learn to trust God, and He builds our faith. Otherwise, we would never truly rely on God. We would simply keep relying on others, circumstances, and ourselves. Never a good idea!
As the chemo drips into my body, I am praying that likewise, God's word would drip into my heart. I pray they will do the same for you:
Deuteronomy 31:6 - "Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you."
Isaiah 40:31 - "They who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mont up with wins like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint."
Jeremiah 29:11 - (My life verse) For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you, not harm you; plans for a hope and a future."
John 14:14 - "If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it."
John 14:27 - "Peace i leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."
Philippians 4:19 - "My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
1 comment:
Love these, Jon. Thanks for sharing your journey with Him with us!
Post a Comment