Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Little Engine That Could

     Good morning everyone, this is Jon writing today.  The title of this post certainly is where I am at this point in the process.  At the very beginning of this process, back in January they told Donna and I that this would be very up and down, kind of like a roller coaster ride.  Well, they certainly didn't lie, because that is exactly what it was and continues to be, up and down and all around.  But God is good, no some of the time, or in certain situations.  He is good all the time!
     There are certainly moments where I feel like certain periods of time will never end.  Sitting in that hospital bed over those four days seemed like months.  You are very restricted, and literally at someone else's mercy.  However no matter what fear we have, I am reminded that God is always with us.  He loves us and wants to be with us because first and foremost He loves us.  We are His children and He will NEVER leave or FORSAKE us.  So I remind myself that as it says in Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and Courageous, do not be afraid or terrified........".
     We all have fears, anxieties, and shear times of panic.  But God reassures us that He is with us holding our hands as we work through our fears.  Fears of not being a good enough parent.  Fears of not loving your spouse the way you should.  Fears of not doing enough at work.  Anxiety of a life threatening disease, or whatever it may be, we all have our own challenges.   God tells us to replace those fears and anxieties with trust.  Ultimate trust in Him.  I certainly have times where I let Satan plant  that seed of fear or anxiety into my not so strong mind.  I encourage you to join me in this battle of fear.  Trust that no matter the situation, no matter how bad you think you your situation is, or that no one can help you.  Keep in mind that the creater of this universe, the Great I Am is waiting for you with His outstretched hand, just waiting for you to reach out with your hand so that He can help you through.  He loves you more than anything in this world because we are all created in the image of Him.  We are all children of God, and we need to know and trust that he will never ever leave out side!  Have a great Sunday, and thank you all for your continued love and support.  We feel it every minute of every day!  
   

2 comments:

Abigail said...

I keep asking God to continue to fight for my heart...cause Satan fights REAL hard for it all the time! Proud of you- ALL of you, and sending constant prayers!

AmyG said...

Battling with you against the fear that threatens all our lives! Thanks so much for such an encouraging and challenging message that is born out of so much challenge; God so moves through you! Praying and sending our love, Amy and fam :)