http://www.islandpacket.com/2013/09/29/2712456/longtime-beaufort-county-coach.html
Also, I didn't want to leave you hanging on my balloons. I was going to post a picture of the balloons but that never happened. Jon always calls me his beautiful disaster. And sure enough everything I do has a story behind it and ends up in disaster. I stopped by Kroger to get the balloons and they told me they had JUST run out of helium. I did not have time to go back until the next day. I got 2 light blue balloons, 1 Duke blue, and 1 pink. I did not have time to release them until later that evening. By the time I went outside to pray over them and release, 2 went to the heavens, and 2 went straight to the ground. I am not even going to try and analyze it. God knows my heart and I tried. But I was laughing inside!
Here are lots of pictures!
There has to be a 1st for everything!!
The Strebe's are GODSTRONG!
GODSTRONG babies at the zoo after riding the train!
My baby boy Luke who is struggling with wheezing and his asthma while up here. After doing this breathing treatment I am happy to report he has not wheezed in almost 72 hours!! Also, through Jon's Nurse Practitioner we are able to get in with an allergist at Riley Children's Hospital quickly!
Thank you Coach K for giving Jon something to work toward and look forward to! Here Jon is with the different things Coach K has given him.
Jon and Emma Kate enjoying a beautiful day at the park on Saturday in Plainfield, Indiana!
God has given us gorgeous weather while up here!
During Jon's break between rounds Emma Kate and I play nurse each morning. We flush his ("doodles") catheter out.
I hope you can see this. I did a panoramic view of the apartment and all the cards that are strung along the wall. The family room is full so this round let's fill up his bedroom!
Here is Jon on a Saturday afternoon in the BMT clinic watching football. Don't you love the big flat screen they provide for him?!
There is a program for cancer patients called Magic Hour Foundation. There are photographers all over the country that volunteer their time to take pictures of cancer patients going through treatments. I found out about it through another cancer patient blog I was reading. I googled it and sure enough there was a photographer in Hilton Head.
Thank you Amber! Amber is the owner of Little Elise Photography in Hilton Head Island, SC. Amber did an amazing job with our family. My kids are not exactly easy to take pictures of and she was amazing at working with them. Here is a sneak peek of some of the pictures she took! Amazing Job, Amber!














1 comment:
Love these pics!!!!!! Soo grateful that Luke is doing better with breathing. Jon, you look great. Can't wait for this all to be over for you!! Praying for Thursday!! Loved the article. You all are amazing witnesses for Him. :)) And, I was totally laughing with you, Donna, about the balloons. You are so right! God knows your heart!!! Love you all, Amy :)
Post a Comment