Blessings:
1. Our kids have stayed free of any contagious sickness!! For those who know us well, that is a miracle.
2. We live right on a canal that takes us many different places safely!
3. Jon's 5 day stay in the hospital cost $46,398.85. Patient liability: $0! Huge blessing. Simmer down people. Don't get too excited. We haven't gotten the stem cell transplant part of it. LOL.
Oh Yea, I was supposed to stick with blessings. :o)
I grew up in Atlanta and Jon in Baltimore. But both of us lived in the suburbs. It was a treat to go downtown! So city life, even for Jon and I, is new and different. And it is especially different when you have 3 small children. It has been quite an adjustment but extremely fun for the kids. God has blessed us in SO many ways. We live right across the street from the IU Law School. Also, right beyond that is the IU Cancer Center and IU Hospital. We also live right on a canal. We literally can walk through our apartment building, out the door, catch an elevator 2 steps away and go down to the canal. We can walk along the canal and feed ducks, walk to the zoo, and walk to a "field" the kids can play in. It is super safe, and no traffic.
Today, we went on an adventure at the hospital. They have a "people mover" that the kids call the monorail (like Disney) that moves people between 3 different hospitals. We thought we would let them ride it. So Jon dropped us off and we headed up to get on. We were waiting for the "monorail" and Luke leans over to me and hugs me and says, "Momma, I love you so much!" I knew something didn't "smell" right with him out of the blue trying to kiss up to me. My little momma brain went to town and said, "Luke, do you need to poo?" He said, "UMMM, I think I already pooped in my pants." Told you something didn't "smell" right. Anyways, got that all cleaned up, finally got on the "monorail" and the kids had the time of their lives. We pretended to be going to the castle at Disney and seeing Cinderella. We then met a doctor on the monorail and he told us to take the bridge to Riley Children's Hospital so we did. (By the way, when the doctor got on the monorail, Emma Kate said, "Is that the 'docta' where daddy lives?") Riley's Children's Hospital has a McDonalds, tons of stuffed animals, a really cool glass elevator that the kids could have ridden on all day, and a water fountain. Jon waited for us in the car and 1.5 hours later we finally came back out. He was wondering what the heck we did for that long! Guess he will never know!
Here's another funny pooping story. We were at the field the other day and Emma Kate announces she has to go potty. Ok, now please understand we are DOWNTOWN! I mean you have to be a little careful where you take these children. And on top of that there was not a good place to take her nearby so we literally took a long hike over to this building. Luckily, we did get in to use the potty. But it was not exactly close by. Here is a picture of my sweet girl trying to hold it while walking to the bathroom.
Prayer:
1. Our kids will stay well until we leave here.
2. Luke--I am having to use his inhaler for wheezing and his eczema is out of control. There are too many factors that have changed here to try and figure it out. Pray we can keep his wheezing at bay. Also pray that we will get in with an allergist here quickly. Our local allergy doctor told me today this is too serious and we need to be seen quickly. I called and a new patient is SO hard to get in and I have no connections. The first available appointment is October 11th. My local allergy doc said if we can't get in sooner we will have to go to Urgent Care. Pray that God will pave the way to be seen by Dr. Leickly quickly!
3. Jon -- He is still feeling nauseated and fatigue. Pray that he will feel somewhat "normal" before his next round and please pray that he will not get sick while on his "break." We are being very careful about where he goes and when he does go out he puts a mask on.
I will close with this. In Bible Study today, our leader challenged us. She reminded us that we trust Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior when we give our lives over to Him and it seems easy to trust. But do we trust Jesus with the day to day things? Finances, our children, sickness, our marriage, our jobs, etc. Do we truly give over our fears and release them to Jesus? WOW! That hit me like a load of bricks. Am I laying my fears of Jon's future at Jesus' feet? Am I laying my fears of my children at Jesus' feet? I have had near panic attacks over these things since we got to Indianapolis. Boy, was God talking to ME! It is a continual process for me and I must do it daily, hourly, by the minute! My desire is to trust Jesus with these things that bring me lots of fear and to lay them at Jesus' feet. I hope you can do the same today for whatever in your life you need to release. Tomorrow, I am buying 4 helium balloons. One will say JONATHAN-Cancer. The 2nd will say LUKE. The 3rd will say EMMA KATE. And the 4th will say RYAN. I am releasing them up to the heavens. I pray that I will truly release these 4 precious people to Jesus and let HIM take control! He loves them WAY more than I do!




1 comment:
Wow. What a cool visual, Donna. I need to do that daily!! I am so sorry about Luke having such a hard time there, too. Will be praying you get in soon and that Jon and all of you stay well!!! Love that you have been having some good outing days with the kiddos. Prayers in Him, Amy :)
Post a Comment