Here we are feeding the geese in a beautiful part of Dallas called Highland Park. The geese were very friendly! (sometimes a little too friendly)
There are 2 people I would love to meet. President George Bush (43) and Michael Jordan. Since we were in Dallas we couldn't pass up the chance to go to the new library and museum. It was really cool and Luke learned a ton. Jon is not real into these kinds of things so my mom, Luke and I went.
Luke feeding the geese and trying not to get bitten!
These cute bears at a park near Sara's house.
The babies petting the goat at the Dallas Zoo.
Ryan LOVES animals. He wants to become friends with ANY animal he comes in contact with. So when he leaned his head onto the glass and said "AWWW". This is how the panther responded...not too thrilled! Funny thing is Ryan didn't even MOVE when he did it!
This is everyone outside the Savannah airport. They were ready to go to TEXAS!!
I have had a sneaky suspicion that Luke's allergy to dogs is getting worse. If someone has an inside dog, and he walks into their house he begins sneezing and itching his eyes. Also, if a dog licks him or their tail hits him he often breaks out in hives. So I did go to Sara's prepared with meds and inhaler (she has a dog). So I did notice that his allergy was getting worse each day. I did hear some wheezing toward the end of the trip so I gave him his inhaler and tried to get him outside as much as possible. We got on the plane Monday and headed to Phoenix and I began to see his allergy was getting worse and worse. I continued giving him the inhaler but it didn't seem to be helping. On the car ride to Amy's (Jon's cousins where we were staying in Phoenix) Luke got very upset and wanted me to hold him. He wouldn't drink anything, or talk. We pulled over and I held him. We talked about going to urgent care but he said he could be brave. We put him back in his car seat and headed to Amy's. By the time we got there he was bawling. We got him out and got him calm but started to realize the severity of the situation. He completely stopped talking, wouldn't eat or drink, turned pale and then threw up. I was in the process of calling our pediatrician and the nurse could hear how bad his wheezing was over the phone and advised us to take him to the children's hospital ER. I gave him another 2 puffs of the inhaler and we headed to the Phoenix Children's Hospital. He was very quiet on the way and laboring to breath. I never panicked but I was getting really concerned. We got there and they were VERY swift in getting us in. They listened to him right away and whisked us to a room. Immediately the respiratory therapist came in and put a mask on him. The doctor came in. Everyone was SO great. They gave him steroids and gave him an hour long breathing treatment. He was clearly having an asthma attack. After that his oxygen saturation was still low so they observed him for a few hours. They finally felt comfortable discharging him but sent him home with another inhaler on double what he normally takes and steroids. In 2 days he was doing just fine, but this is how we started our Phoenix vacation.
This is when Luke's oxygen saturation was low. He was getting oxygen. He did not like that at all.
Below is Luke getting his hour long breathing treatment. He was a trooper and loved the movies that a Children's hospital has to offer!
Had to add this one in here. This is Jon in the hospital cleaning his shoes after Luke had thrown up all over them! You know Jon and his OCD behaviors!:o)
Please pray for us. At times like this we do not feel like we can take anymore stress! Sometimes I feel like I could just crumble and melt. I told Jon we are trying to see how many hospitals we can visit across the country. Jon so far has gone to 2 in Atlanta and New York. Luke has gone to Orlando, Bluffton, and Phoenix. And I have been in Savannah. We don't need to visit anymore hospitals in anymore states.
We have had a great visit with Jon's family and especially his grandmother, Roma who is 93! She is so sweet and the kids LOVE her and she LOVES them. Here are some pictures.
Jon's uncle is a farmer. This was the highlight of the trip for Ryan! He LOVES tractors and big buses and trucks.
Always nice to have a "Nanny" on the trip! They all wanted to be with her on take off from Dallas! Jon and I just sat over by ourselves and enjoyed watching her...LOL. She really debated about coming with us but I told her I knew why she was there when Luke had to go to the ER! She stayed with the twins!



















1 comment:
This was such a wonderful trip. We had soo much fun with you all. Love you all from the bottom of our hearts-- Amy and the AZ Fam :)
Post a Comment