We did get news of Jon's latest blood work while driving into the park. Unfortunately his tumor markers are rising. We are pretty certain at this point that he will have more chemo. We will meet with the doctor in about a week to discuss the details. I have also initiated an appointment with Dr. Einhorn at Indiana university. He is the doctor that is famously known for inventing the cure for testicular cancer and for curing Lance Armstrong--although we all know who really healed him! Please be in prayer about this. We already have all of our medical records in and are waiting on the path slides to get there. If it's God's will we will get an appointment quickly. If not, we completely have a peace about being at Sloan. I want to be able to lay all of our options on the table from the 2 best testicular cancer doctors in the world. But at the same time will not allow it to delay the process. Thanks for praying!
We remain very hopeful and positive. But at the same time we are human and we have all the emotions that anyone would have. There are moments we are angry, confused, frustrated, overwhelmed, scared and sick to our stomachs! But God also gives us moments of hope, encouragement, energy and the fight to get through what we are faced with. We know that we will face many emotions that are all very normal. But at the end of the day thank goodness we can have faith in Christ Jesus! Here is a little quote a friend sent me from a Beth Moore Bible study:
Holding on to the truths that God is who he says He is, He will do what he says He will do, I am who God says I am, and Gods word is alive and active! Praying in faith that God is the Great Physician! He is able to heal and restore our physical bodies! He is the Great I AM!
Here is another fun story of what God did at Dollywood. I was sitting on a train all for Ryan! It was hot! There was black soot everywhere. There were tons of people packed into the train. Lets just say it was not an ideal situation. But you do anything for your kids, right? So there was a man behind me that said "please get this train going." So I turned around and told him this was exactly why my husband wasn't on the train and chose to ride roller coasters. He leaned up to me and whispered "I'm only doing this for my family. It's my last hurrah. I have colon cancer and now a large tumor in my lungs. But I can't let my family hear me talking bout it." So I quietly and quickly told him about Jon. He didn't say much because his family could hear us. At the end of the train ride he said "what is your husbands name? I want to pray for him." So we exchanged names, said we would pray and went on our way. About an hour later my sister and I and the kids ran into him again. He came over to talk to us without his family around. He teared up and said "I know where I'm going, but I just don't want to leave my family behind." He has a wife, kids and grand kids (he is 66 yrs old). He was clearly a Christian man. It was the coolest conversation. So my sister and I left and soon after ran into Jon. I took him down to meet Mr. Jimmy from Piedmont, NC. He was sooo happy I brought him over and said he was thinking when we left how he wished he could meet Jon. He shared some verses with Jon. They talked for a few minutes. They both told each other they would be praying for one another. It was the coolest thing. It has been neat to see the different people God has put in our lives along this journey. So if you think of it today, please pray for our friend Jimmy. His days are limited.
There was a water park at the condo we stayed at. This is Luke going down the slide. They played for hours and had a blast.
Here are the FAB FOUR about to head down the slide.
At Dollywood Park catching a much needed water break!
Luke on two of the kiddy rides.







No comments:
Post a Comment