This is very difficult to write. And I cannot go into all the details because its quite complicated. And I hesitate to even write this because its ever changing. But this is where we are now.
We found out in our appointment at Sloan that the remaining places on Jon's lungs unfortunately are growing. One of his tumor markers was also elevated. So Jon had more blood work this week and another CT scan. The blood work however came back normal. The doctor tells us he was very surprised and that this is good news! Although we are devastated these places are growing, we are very thankful we got in with Sloan as quickly as we did because through Dr. Bosl ordering more CT's is how this new news was discovered. Bottom line is unless God chooses to heal these residual masses, he is faced with surgery to remove places on his lungs or more chemo. Yes we are devastated, scared, anxious, stressed, overwhelmed BUT we must trust in God's promises and believe that He is going to use this for good. We are trying to stay positive and dwell on the blessings.
So it looks like now the next step will be a biopsy to figure out what type of cancer is growing so they know whether to do surgery or more chemo. The biopsy will take place around mid-July. We aren't sure which one to pray for so pray that God's will be done. Pray for wisdom for these doctors because when I say this is rare: I promise it is rare!! Only 2-5% of people with this cancer have masses leftover after chemo. Rare for it to skip the abdomen and go straight to the lungs. I tell you this because although we are at a great institution that sees this more often they still don't see it that much. So it's a good reminder to not put your trust in medicine and doctors but in Jesus, the only true healer!
I share all this with you so that you can pray specifically with us. We are praying for Jon's body to be healed.
On a positive note, we are on vaca in Dallas visiting Jon's sister. We will then fly to Phoenix on Monday to visit Jon's grandma, aunt, uncle and cousins. We are going to enjoy and relax! Although draggin 3 kids 2 and 4 on the plane was far from relaxing. LOL!!
Ill add pictures later. I can't figure it out!
1 comment:
Praying and can't wait to see you soon, The AZ fam
Post a Comment