So this is Jon finally writing a post. I know, I know, you probably thought I have fallen off of the face of the planet, but I am still here. I wanted to share a story with you about something that happened with our 5 year old son Luke this week. It was one of those moments that you will remember for the rest of your life.
I have been putting him down at night, as I am in between basketball and soccer officiating seasons. It has really been a sweet time for me to be able to spend this kind of quality time with him at night. For the past few nights, he and I had been talking about salvation, and what it meant for Christ to die on the cross for us, to wipe away our sins. Equally important we have been talking about how important the resurrection was in the whole process.
Thursday night, we were reading a Bible story, that happened to be the resurrection story, and of how Jesus died on the cross. After reading the story, I rocked him for a song, and then was sitting in his bed for a song, when we continued to talk about "believing in Jesus". We talked about going to heaven, and how when we ask Jesus to come into our hearts, that we would then some day join Jesus in heaven. We talked about the importance of believing in Jesus, that he came down on this earth to die on the cross for our sins, only to rise three days later. I asked Luke if he believed everything that we had talked about, and he answered yes. I then said, Luke do you want to ask Jesus into your heart, and he said yes I want to ask Jesus to come into my heart.
Well, I knew where this was headed, so I went and got Donna to come into Luke's room. All three of us were in the bottom bunk bed, and I reviewed with Donna everything that we had been talking about. I told Luke that I, momma, grammy and gramps, Nanny, and Aunt Sara had all asked Jesus to come into our hearts, and that we all had made the decision to commit our lives to living a Christ like life. I then asked him if he wanted to pray that prayer. He said yes, he would like to ask Jesus to come into his heart. He then told me, why don't you pray, and then I'll repeat what you say. How he knew to say that, I will never know. He is a very insightful young man. So we all bowed our heads, and prayed. Luke ended up asking Jesus to come into his heart. One of the proudest, and happiest moments of our lives. To be there when our son commited his life to follow Christ, is a moment we will never ever forget! I am confident that everything that we have been through this past year played a part in our son giving his life to Jesus. God has been at work in his heart for a long time, and this was the culmination of that hard work. Since then, we have had Luke call many of his family members and tell them of his exciting news. He has such a heart for God, and is so spiritually deep, that I am certianly not adequate to cultivate that spiritual deepness. I am confident that God is going to use his life for His glory and am very excited to see what exactly that looks like! Pray for him. I am certain that Satan is working overtime to discourage and deceive him since he made the decision. Pray that his heart will continue to love God more everyday. Pray that God will prepare him to be used for His Glory in the future! Cannot wait to see what God has in store for our little Luke. He is so very special.
Luke is:
GODSTRONG!
1 comment:
Sooo thankful for Luke's love for Jesus!!! The best news ever. Love you all, Amy and fam! :)
Post a Comment