Seriously, it's crazy!
A week and a half ago on Sunday night, Emma Kate was up all night throwing up. She felt fine the next day so we were like OK, weird.
Tuesday afternoon I take the kids to the library. We all go to the restroom and Emma Kate gets her finger slammed in the door compliments of my sweet little boy blue--AKA Ryan. It looked terrible. The librarians really thought I needed to take her to the doctor so I did. We weren't sure if it was fractured or what. The doc said it was probably ok, and they cleaned it and sent us on our way.
That night, we ate at Moe's. We all ate the same thing except Jon and the kids got chicken, I did not. They all got sick at the same time about 6 hours after they ate the meal. Kids were mostly throwing up, Jon felt super nauseated, and terrible. They were sick all day Wednesday. I mean seriously, I cleaned up more throw up that day than I have the whole 5 years. Everyone had their own personal puke bucket. I assumed it was food poisoining. Made sense to me.
Friday, I wake up in wee hours of the morning, SOOO sick. It was awful. I got dehydrated and weak very quickly. At 6:00AM Jon says he is going to get a sub. I say NO, you can't stay home from school AGAIN! I told Jon I would figure it out. By 7AM I could not even get out of bed except to go do my "business." I am not being dramatic, it was so awful. Jon had to stay home. I was as sick about that as I was sick!
So now I"m thinking ok, maybe the kids had a stomach virus and I caught it. NOPE!! The kids got sick again with a stomach thing Sunday/Monday. This time it was the other end if you know what I mean. No throw up buckets but wow…ok, I won't go into detail.
To add to the confusion, on Saturday I smelt a horrible smell in our house. I discovered that our gas line to our grill (that is not hooked up) had been turned on. Gas was pouring out of it. So I turned that off and the smell went away. Well Sunday night when I went to bake a coffee cake for the garbage men, there was no more gas for my oven. OK, I started freaking out!! Like panic attacke mode. At this point, Jon and I are questioning how long the gas would have had to leak out to empty our tank that wasn't even due for a fill up for 8 more months! My big question was, how long have my children been inhaling gas fumes? Of course when I look up on line inhaling gas, symptoms include flu-like and gastrointestinal issues. We have been sick since January 24th! I decided to call the local fire department. At 11PM, 4 fireman come out in their brand new huge fire truck to check out our house. There was no detection of gases in our house and they did confirm that the gas valve being opened could have emptied the tank within hours. That definitely made me sleep easier.
So basically, Jon and I have concluded that he and the kids did have food poisoning. Then I picked up a stomach virus, and the kids picked that up from me. All but a day or two here or there, the Strebe's have been sick since January 24th. We have now gone 2 whole days this week well!! Please continue to pray for us to stay well!! We are staying outside all day everyday we can! We even got to go to the beach this week.
We anticipate our trip to Indy at the end of March for Jon's 2 month check up.
Thanks for praying for the Strebe's to continue to be…
GODSTRONG!
No comments:
Post a Comment