Jon is already feeling much better and his scan was clear. Also his bloodwork was great. PTL!
I remembered what I was going to write about Emma Kate. One night I was putting the babes to bed. The routine is I put both of them on my lap and rock and tell them a story. When the story is finished, Emma Kate jumps off and gets in bed by herself and covers herself up. I then rock Ryan to sleep. They are usually asleep within 10 minutes. This particular night, Emma Kate jumped in bed, covered herself up and said, "When is Jesus coming to get us and take us to heaven?" So I told her it wasn't time yet. She said, "but I really want to go. How will we get there?" I told her that it wasn't our bodies that go to heaven, but our spirits and that we would get new bodies. Well, that got her attention. That led into a discussion about whether we would have eyes, noses, ears, etc. It was just such a sweet conversation. Oh to have childlike faith. My children say often they WANT to go to heaven. Emma Kate just has 2 request, that she can take her Tianna dress and her water bottle in case she gets thirsty. So precious!
Tonight Jon and I were putting Luke down and Jon mentioned to me that Luke does not play with his Monsters University thing anymore because he is missing a piece. Luke said, "Oh, I just want to play with it one more time before I go to heaven--but Oh, I really want to go to heaven! I really hope we have our eyes because I really want to see the streets of gold."
Oh My Gosh! After these 2 conversations I just want to melt. The HOPE that they have in Jesus at this young age is amazing! They WANT to go to heaven and meet Jesus! They make my faith and trust stronger!
One last thing. I have mentioned before that Luke does a quiet time at night. He is really trying to learn from the Bible and put it into practice. He has been struggling with telling the truth lately. So I told him today I was proud of him because he made the right choice in telling the truth. He said "I'm trying really hard to be sweet and tell the truth, but sometimes it is really HARD." What a great opportunity to talk about the fact that YES, it can be hard but if we keep in God's Word and ask Him to help us, we can do it. But we will have moments of failure. We have to pick back up, ask for forgiveness and keep going. Love, Love these teachable moments. I learn SO much from my kids! LOVE THEM!
Strebe's are:
GODSTRONG!
2 comments:
Praise God!!
:))) Praising God for Jon's clear scans and tests and for the work He is doing in the kiddos!!! :))
Post a Comment