Wednesday, February 12, 2014

"You can't make this stuff up"

After I wrote the previous blog, Jon started getting pretty sick.  Luke followed soon after.  I knew that it was possible Luke still had an ear infection so I thought he was running a low grade fever from that.  Wasn't sure what to think of why Jon was sick, running fever, chills, aches, etc.  Well, 5 days into it, the babies started running 103/104 fevers.  They were very sick.  It all of a sudden clicked.  This WAS a separate sickness than what we had, and it could be the flu!  So I took the babes to the doc and sure enough--they tested positive for the flu!!!  So the following evening I came down with the dreaded flu symptoms!!  So I'm also on tamiflu, along with the babes.  Fun times.  We have now been sick for 17 days.  Luke has been fever free for 24 hours so pray that all of us will get well!

Also after I wrote my last entry, one of the ladies we were on the retreat with passed away.  She died 6 days after we left.  Although we were very sad to hear the news, we rejoice that she is in heaven.  Her and her husband are strong believers and although I only had one short coversation with her, I was able to be in a group with her husband and gain insight into their lives.  Great couple!  Please pray for Jim and his children.  I am even more grateful for Inheritance of Hope.  How great that they were able to give them one lasting memory together as a family, especially for the children.  And also that she was able to make a legacy video for her children.  What a wonderful organization!

I love the month of February!  What a great reason to celebrate LOVE.  Love for our family, friends and most of all Jesus Christ.  I love waking up every morning and giving each of our children a heart that has on it something we love about them. I love making everything in hearts and red/pink on Valentine's Day.  I know some of you do not like Valentine's Day.  Well, I like it so much we celebrate everyday of the month of February!  :o) (Maybe it's because I was born this month).  This is the verse that comes to mind.

I Corinthians 13

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

The Strebe's stay

GODSTRONG

No comments: