I know it has been forever since I've updated but I thought this would be a great way to get new information out and I will TRY and keep up a little better than I have in the last 2 1/2 years since the twins have been born. When I told Jon that I was going to update everyone through this page he started laughing saying, "well, I hope you update it more than you do now, otherwise no one will have a clue what's going on." :o)
As most of you know, Jon was diagnosed with testicular cancer in August 2006. He had surgery to remove the testicle. After several meetings with doctors, we all decided that surveillance was the best route since we did not have children. God blessed us with Luke 3 years later in 2009, and then with twins in 2010. Jon has been going back for his check ups very regularly and after 5 years in 2011 the doctors felt very good about his scans being all clear. But when he went this past week his chest x-ray showed about 15 spots on his lungs. They have confirmed it is the testicular cancer that has metastasized into his lungs. He will be getting a port this week so that his chemo can be administered easily. He will start his chemo on the 7th or 14th (leaning toward the 14th). He will have 3 cycles of it that are 3 weeks each. We will be in Atlanta for a week and then home for 2 weeks, then the cycle will repeat itself 2 additional times. He will be working when he is home. We have no idea what to expect but the doctor has assured us that people work while doing this chemo. We are scared, fearful, hopeful, and resting in God's promises. We believe God can heal him through this medicine.
We had a family meeting the other night and we put a bandaid on Jon's chest and told the kids that he has a big booboo, and that he will have to take medicine to make him better. But that the medicine will make him very sick. We told them we are praying the God will use the medicine to heal his body. They totally get it because they have just been sick and on medicine. So we all layed hands on him and prayed. Emma Kate was very mature and "got it."She kept asking if he was all better. While I rocked her that night she said "Jesus is going to take daddy's booboo and throw it in the trash can." The next morning my little Luke (who has to process stuff for a LONG time) comes bounding out of his room. The first person he saw was Jon and he said, "Daddy, are you all better? Because I have been in my bed praying for you!" Precious. Of course, we started crying again.
Prayer request:
**Strength for Jon as he works and gets chemo treatments.
**That we will stay positive and not dwell on doubt and fear of the unknown.
** That I will have time to update the blog:o)
**That I can keep up with everything because Jon does ALOT around our house!



4 comments:
Hey Donna. I'm trying to leave a comment on your blog, You know how computer savvy I am. So this is attempt #4! Hope it wrks. Please be encouraged and know that a family in freezing Mt. is praying for you. Jeff also shared a little of your story in his sermon on Sunday, So our church family will be praying for you too. You cant have too many prayers! Our Christmas was great,but quiet. Just the five of us. We are a little stuck with Paige playing Highschool basketball. She has had practices all Christmas break. We are enjoying watching her play. She received a card from Toccoa last week. Crazy to already be thinking of her going to college in the next few years. Brings back some good memories. Any way we are all well. Tell your family hello from Montana. I will talk to you soon.
Oh Donna, I am so sorry. My heart just sank when I ready this. Hagan and I will be praying and I hope you will let me know if you guys need anything at all during your weeks here in Atlanta. Love you guys
Donna, Sean Chapman shared your blog in the PCA staff prayer requests. Thanks for letting us pray for you and your cute family! I loved the story of your children understanding Dad's booboo. We are all praying for Jon's chemo - that it kills all the cancer and that he doesn't get too sick from it. Know you are loved. Jenny Thomas
Hi Donna, we will definitely be praying for Jon and also for you and the kids as you go through this! Please let us know if we can do anything to help in any way! Love you!
Lisa
Post a Comment