Friday, January 18, 2013

Update on Strebe sickness

I took Luke to the doctor yesterday. He has pinkeye and an ear infection. His eye is so much better since I started his drops. It was looking so bad when I took him in, poor thing. Jon is much better also. He was headed to work this morning and he realized he had a low grade fever so he had to stay home. He was so disappointed and frustrated, but I know we made the right decision. His fever never spiked today but he is feeling so tired and the after effects of having a high fever. He is starting to feel much better tonight. Please continue to pray he will be fever free because we cannot do this lung biopsy on Tuesday unless he is fever free for 24 hours prior to the procedure.

 I have washed every towel, sheet, pillow case, clothes, etc that we have used. I have sanitized every door knob, crib, any surface we would touch. We have done 10 loads of laundry in 24 hours and that is no exaggeration!! So hopefully our home will be germ free, and we will all get well.

 I want to give a shout out to Jon's urologist from Emory, Dr. Chad Ritenour. He is an incredible surgeon. He is so thorough, detailed, and such a pro-active doctor. We completely trust him with every bit of medical and personal advice he gives us. He is phenomenal at what he does. He goes way above and beyond the call of duty. But beyond that he is such a humble, caring person and has become over the past 6 1/2 years such a great friend to us and I just wanted to say THANKS! We are so thankful God led us to him 6 1/2 years ago when all this began (that's another story I'll have to share sometime).








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey strebe family. sorry to hear about Luke's pinkeye. Its hard to deal wtih sick kids on top of everything else. We are praying for Luke John and you, Donna, to stay healthy and strong.
God Bless, Brenda

AmyG said...

Heavens to Betsy, as we like to say, but I am so glad that you are all getting there. We are praying and praying! Love you and on to read the next entry...