I am SO sorry it has been so long since I have updated!. Only good things have happened. We celebrated a great Christmas with family. Jon and I went on our 10th anniversary cruise at the beginning of February. We celebrated Luke's 6th birthday and my 26th birthday. And my mom and I took the kids to Orlando in March and Jon met us down there for the weekend. We have had a great winter!
But last week we found out some disturbing news about our youngest son, Ryan (4). I knew for some time he had trouble seeing. It seemed to be at a distance and it seemed to be progressing. So I took him in to a local optometrist. He informed us Ryan had cataracts in both eyes. He said it was rare in children and we needed to go to the experts to get our questions answered. The office set us up an appointment with MUSC. We went Wednesday and they confirmed that Ryan does indeed have cataracts in both eyes. They are not the worst the doc has ever seen but they are visually restrictive for Ryan and need to be corrected. Also, if they are not corrected he would not be able to see in the future. We were praying the appointment would be very clear and we would be at peace. It was CLEAR and we were at peace! God has provided this amazing team of doctors to care for Ryan and fix his eyes! Dr. Wilson will be doing the surgery and as they told us "you are in great hands with Dr. Wilson, he wrote the books on pediatric cataracts." Once again, God has led us straight to the doctor he wants Ryan to be at! Once again, He cares about every little detail of our lives! And He is with us all the way!
Are we nervous? ABSOLUTELY. It is extremely frightening for your 4 year old to be having surgery. It is extremely frightening to know that something could go wrong in the surgery and Ryan would not be able to see. It is extremely frightening to not know the short and long term outcome of this surgery. But we know God does know! And He has a plan for Ryan and I strongly believe God will use this greatly in his life. I truly believe God has been preparing Ryan's heart for this trial in his life. Ryan is a VERY anxious little boy. He feels the most safe with his momma and his twin sister! But recently Ryan has been asking me LOTS of questions about God and about why Jesus died on the cross. He has been singing lots of little christian songs around the house. He is just so adorable! He is the sweetest thing ever. He is very sensitive and is so giving and so serving to all of us. I could go on and on but please pray for our little boy! Please pray for Dr. Wilson and all the other doctors/residents, etc that will be in this surgery room. Please pray for protection for Ryan. Pray for wisdom and discernment for the doctors during surgery.
So the surgery is this coming Tuesday, April 14th. Our lives are so dang complicated its ridiculous. I got the phone call today from MUSC on my options for surgery for Ryan. There were not many options. So we wanted to get this done quickly and we chose starting the 1st eye this Tuesday although it interferes with Jon's check-up in Indianapolis that was supposed to be on Monday afternoon (13th). So we got that moved to May 4th (Indy) only to find out that Ryan's 2nd surgery will be Tuesday, May 5th (Charleston). So yes we will be hopping around the country from doctor to doctor. The story of our lives. Next Monday we will go to a consultation with Ryan's surgeon, Tuesday is surgery and Wednesday is post op. We will drive home and Jon will get in the car again and drive to Atlanta because he has an appointment with his urologist on Thursday. I'm exhausted thinking about all this.!
Please pray for us! Just pray we will have PEACE. I just want to have a "peace that passes all understanding" during this very stressful time. I tend to get all worked up and start freaking out and let lots of fear creep in!
Once again, thanks for your prayers and I will update this regularly.
You will never know what your prayers mean to us!
We will remain GODSTRONG!
The Strebe's are
GODSTRONG!
No comments:
Post a Comment