Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Ryan is home! To his "normal" home

The surgeon said the surgery went great!  He came out and talked to us mid-way after he examed his eyes.  Dr. Wilson does not believe that he was born with cataracts.  He believed he developed them later and they have been there a while after examining them closely.  (he said at least a year).

When we went for the pre-op he was seeing about 20/350 and that was "being generous."  Today at post-op he was seeing about 20/70.  WAHOO!

Ryan says he can see everything "a lot more clear."  He had one goal in mind this morning!  That was to get his patch off!  He wouldn't eat or drink until we left that office with no patch on!

Some stories:

**Ryan took the "silly meds" soon after we got settled in the pre-op area.  They did NOT make him silly.  He was still super anxious and after he screamed his head off about the eye drops, the medical team knew what was coming.  So they told me to suit up, I was going in the operating room with him!.  I was prepared for a lot of things, but NOT this.  So I suited up, got up on the bed, put Ryan on top of me and they took us into the operating room.  The operating room is just scary no matter how old you are.  It took me back to my c-sections b/c those are the surgeries I completely remember, obviously.  I layed Ryan beside me, I cradled him like a baby, sucked up my emotions and had to be strong for my baby boy.  They had to hold him down, put a mask over his face and I had to listen to him scream "MOMMA" through the mask.  It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do!  I had to watch him fall asleep while they explained everything that was happening with his breathing so I would not be freaked out.  WOW.  It was so hard to walk out of that OR.  I wish I could have done that surgery for him!  I held it in until I walked out and bawled my eyes out.



**A man that had seen us in the pre-op sign in waiting area ran into me CRYING back in the surgery waiting area. He asked me if I was Ok and what my son was having done.  He asked if he could pray with Jon and I!  He prayed a precious prayer!  And Jon prayed for his mom who was having should replacement.  GOD IS GOOD AND ALWAYS THERE FOR US!

**When Luke and Emma Kate saw Ryan on Facetime after he got his patch off, they said YEA, Ryan can see again!!

**The night before we left for Charleston, Ryan started crying in anticipation of his surgery.  Luke came running in his room telling him that God would use this in his life just like he had used in in the Blind man's life in the Bible and that God was going to heal Ryan!!  THAT BOY!

Please pray that Ryan will not get his eye hit especially in the next week!!  And that God will continue to heal his eye and prepare him for his next surgery May 5th!

**2 of my very dear Inheritance of Hope friends that are battling cancer, and I mean BATTLING  cancer were texting me yesterday, encouraging me and making sure everything was OK with Ryan!  WOW!!

THANKS SO MUCH TO OUR PRAYER WARRIORS!  We remain...


GODSTRONG!

Before:



After:

No comments: