Sunday, December 29, 2013

December 27th. Then and Now.

December 27, 2012.  Jon is told by his urologist that his yearly scan shows spots on his lungs and looks like testicular cancer has metastasized to his lungs.  Surgery, lung biopsy, standard round of chemo, then high dose with stem cell transplant and finally thoracic surgery to remove remaining spots…FAST FORWARD.

December 27, 2013.  We walked into Disney's Magic Kingdom as a family with Jon completely healthy and cancer free.  What a great moment!

I'm going to let the pictures tell the story but the kids and the parents had an amazing time!  Disney is truly the "happiest place on earth."  I'm sorry if you do not share in that belief, ha:o)

BTW, it's also the first time Jon and I have been on vacation alone, especially DisneyWorld.  It actually went great, the kids (in particular the twins) have come ALONG way and we can finally vaca as a family of 5, YEA!!


Entering the Magic Kingdom!


These are ponies that the kids got to meet the day before at Ft. Wilderness.  They were so excited to see them in the parade!



These kids love each other so much and I truly believe this past year has brought them closer together!







 We certainly had our moments like when the twins would refuse to keep walking and just plop down.


It was definitely a little more tricky like when we rode Dumbo and Jon can't ride the round and round rides so I was alone.  It was fun though!:o)




 The Strebe's are GODSTRONG!

and so is

GOOFY
MINNIE and
DONALD!













1 comment:

AmyG said...

Soooo glad you got to get away and just have FUN!!!! Especially together!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, cousins!! Love you all soo-- the AZ Fam :)