Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Prayer Request-- 5xS AND wear your GODSTRONG shirts tomorrow if you can!

Here are the 5 main prayer request:

Scope
Scar tissue
Surgeon and his team.
Save Jon's life!
Seven-thirty AM

Jon and I met with his oncologist and surgeon (Dr. Kessler) today.  We found out some "new" news.  First of all the GOOD news.  Jon's tumor markers are NORMAL!  YEA!!  Also, Jon evidently has 5 nodules.  1 bigger one on his right, and 4 smaller ones on the left.  The surgeon is 80-90% sure he can get all 3 with the scope (all tomorrow which is new news).  The other 2 are embedded in his lung.  If they find out through the path report the 3 removed are scar tissue they will leave the embedded ones alone.  IF it were to be cancer they would have to remove the lobe of the left lung at a later date.  PLEASE, PLEASE pray that they find scar tissue tomorrow.  We will not know the results until next week.  Also we are a little more anxious since they will be doing surgery on both lungs.  Please continue to pray for protection for Jon.

The surgery is at 7:30AM.  It will last hopefully a couple of hours.

I love how God encourages all of us in little ways.  This was no accident.  Total God thing.  I'm not sure if most of you know that Jon is a high school basketball referee.  His dream one day is to be able to referee on the college level.  One of the questions Jon asked the surgeon today was when he would be able to referee again.  The surgeon asked what level he refereed (I'm sitting there thinking he asked because he wanted to know how hard he actually ran up and down the court).  Well, it was because another one of his patients that was in the room beside us is a Big 10 referee for Men's Basketball!  Not only that, the doctor wanted Jon to go over to his room and meet him.  Dr. Kessler introduced Jon to him and not only that, but the Big 10 referee gave the doctor permission to give Jon his information so Jon could contact him!  We serve such a BIG God that cares about us in EVERY way, even the small ways!

Jon is such a witness-- it's really cool to see.  He makes such an impression on the people he comes in contact with.  Dr. Einhorn and him hugged today and Dr. Einhorn said to Jon, "You are such a good man."  I highly doubt he tells all his patients that.  Also, Jon told Dr. Kessler that a lot of people are praying for him tomorrow and Dr. Kessler looked down, shook his head, looked back at Jon and said I really appreciate that.  I see God using Jon in a Mighty way.  Pray for everyone who comes in contact with Jon and his story!  You are a part of telling his story for the Glory of God.

One last story.  I signed up on the prayer wall for a slot for Luke (and me) and the twins (and me).  I had SO much fun spending an hour with them praying for Jon, reading scripture about Jesus' healings and how we must go before Him and believe He can heal Jon, explaining what the prayer wall was, and making a little gift for Jon with them.  I was thinking the other day about the fact that my goal was to do preschool with Luke this year at home.  Well, that hasn't even come close to happening.  You know, Luke may not can write one letter, know how to hold his pencil, know what sounds the letters make, etc, BUT he is learning more from living our lives and taking time to spend with God in prayer and studying Scripture than he could ever learn doing "school."  And this is what life is all about.  I would not take this time back at all!  I would not change what we are going through.  Because when I take a step back and see what God is doing in our family, and in our kids, I would not want this any other way! This will last for eternity and the kids, Jon and I are gaining more from this than we ever could be doing academics!  I am grateful!

Please remember to order t-shirts if you still want one.  Only 2 days left!

Just click on the link

http://www.bonfirefunds.com/jon-and-donna-strebe

The Strebe's are:

GODSTRONG





1 comment:

AmyG said...

So not surprised at Jon's and your impact on everyone around you. So blessed by your examples to us all!! Praying!