Monday, October 14, 2013

The JOY of being in Christian Fellowship

I have loved seeing people from everywhere join in our journey.  This is what it is all about.  I have seen how God has used each of your abilities and talents in such great and mighty ways to minister to our family!


Romans 12:3-5

English Standard Version (ESV)

Gifts of Grace

For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment,each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members,[a] and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individuallymembers one of another.

I titled the blog this way because I want you to remember and pray for JOY.  She is a fellow co-worker of Jon's at Riverview.   She also is battling cancer.  Her and Jon literally went through chemo back in the winter/spring at the very same time.  She has 2 very young children.  She has recently spent time out at MD Anderson.  Every time I see this picture it touches me.  She has texted us, called and encouraged Jon on his journey instead of just sitting in sorrow about her own situation.  She has reached out and we appreciate it!  Please pray that God will give her strength.  That God will give her a peace that passes all understanding.    That God will continue to draw her into Himself during this very difficult time.


Another very cool story.  Mandy, another co-worker at Jon's school wrote to tell this story.  Her and her family were spending fall break in Asheville, NC.  They were at a fall festival with pumpkins, mazes, etc.  They saw a girl there that had a GODSTRONG shirt.  Her kids wanted to inquire to see if she was wearing the shirt for Coach Strebe.  So they went and asked and of course she said YES!



That is amazing!  My sister had also told me that her friend was over in Alpharetta about an hour from where they live and saw a GODSTRONG shirt.  It is just so cool to see how many people all over are standing GODSTRONG!

The Strebe's stand...

GODSTRONG!


1 comment:

AmyG said...

Praying for Joy right now!