Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Courage in disCOURAGEment

I was listening to a Beth Moore CD that someone gave me during this time.  God warned the Israelites not to fall for these 2 obstacles in light of the fulfillment of His personal promises.

FEAR
DISCOURAGEMENT

Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

This is such a great verse and great reminder!  Beth reminds us that the word COURAGE is inside disCOURAGEment and when we encourage one another we are INFUSING courage into each other!

That is what you all have done for us!  Thanks from the bottom of our hearts!


Funny stories:

My mom and Emily took the kids to the zoo yesterday.  It is Fall Break here for 2 weeks so I think it was kinda crazy and crowded.  I feel sure they still had a good time but usually when we go, there is no one there.  So later in the day I was spending some one on one time with my sweet girl Emma Kate.  One on one time just means I go and do some errand or task and I pick one child to go with me.   So, Emma Kate and I were in the business office at the apartments.  I was trying to print something and she was dancing around talking.  And this is what came out of her mouth, "Going to the zoo was like a bad dream."  I don't know why it cracked me up so much, but it did.  She doesn't even know what a bad dream is, heck I don't even know if she has ever had a dream.  She is hilarious because she does NOT stop talking, remind you of anyone? HA

Since chemo starting in January, I have always kept up with Jon's meds.  He has NO clue what he takes and when he takes it.  I always write down what and when.  Now, understand I am not an exact person like my husband so if Jon takes something at 2:41, I write 2:30.  If he takes something at 2:51, I write 3.  You get the point.  So, Jon of course always writes 3:57, 4:12, etc.  The past couple of days he has completely been in charge of taking his own meds.  So I will be in the apartment and as SOON as the clock changes to 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, etc he gets up and heads to his anti-nausea meds bottle. If I were in charge of when to give it, it may or may not happen within a one hour time frame.  We were just laughing about it today because he is extremely OCD and I am NOT!  I have no idea if anyone finds humor in this story, but just thought I would lighten the mood.

Jon is getting platelets today again.  He also got them yesterday.  Otherwise all his blood work looks great (for his situation).  It would not look so great if he were not on chemo.  Doctors are still very pleased with how his body is responding to this round.  He is a champ and has stayed outpatient so far which is a blessing.

The Strebe's are...

GODSTRONG!

1 comment:

AmyG said...

Praising God for every day you are walking through that brings us closer to healing! Love and prayers-- Amy and fam :)