Sunday, March 24, 2013

Jon's weekend

Jon got extra anti-nausea meds last week along with extra fluids Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.  His day Saturday was the best he has had although don't get too excited, he is still suffering, but a definite praise!!  He usually barely leaves his bed and barely moves all weekend.  But yesterday and today he walked in the neighborhood.  He has eaten and drank great.  He still feels nauseated but again, not as bad as usual.  He has actually sat on the couch and watched basketball on his new 55 inch flat screen.  If you know Jon, this will tell you how sick he has been:  He did NOT fill out a bracket this year.  He is that bad!!!

He is going to try and go to work tomorrow!!  And the rest of the week!  Please pray for him because his white counts are very low.  Please pray that he will not pick up any infection as he teaches next week.  He is taking neupogen shots to get his counts back up which I get to give him:o)  Pay back!!  How many couples can say they have given each other shots  and we have only been married 8 years!! Its bonding.

So, I left my twins in Atlanta with my sister and my mom.  They have had a great time and will come back Monday.  Jon's sister and parents have been here taking care of Jon and Luke.  I worked Saturday and then I'm using this time to take care of Jon and conquer my MANY piles that have slowly gotten worse since this process began.  By the way, I HATE it being this quiet!  It is SO weird but I know this was the best thing for Jon.  It is also weird not to have to make sure every door, gate, cabinet, etc is closed (for my little wild man Ryan), and make sure everything is up and out of his reach.  It has been strange for sure. I will be glad when we are all back together as a family.

Luke recently got to see Scott McIntyre in concert.  He is the blind guy from American Idol.  He did a little concert in Bluffton and Luke LOVES music and American Idol so I took him.  He got to meet him and that was really cool!  Now he just wants to meet Ryan Seacrest.  Here is a picture although it is fuzzy.


2 comments:

saraleecz said...

Got an update form Jon's folks as well. Still praying nightly for you guys.

In Christ's HOPE,
Saralee, Paul and family

AmyG said...

Thankyou so much for this insight into this round. We can't wait for this to be over for you all!! Praying for healing and God's sustaining Hand to carry you through to the end! Love that Luke got to meet the singer!! Love, love, love and more love and prayers sent to you from AZ~ The Gerak fam. P.S. Loving having Sara with us, too; just wish we could all be together!