Wednesday, March 27, 2013

My favorite picture of this season of life.


This was taken last Friday at the infusion center.  The nurses were so sweet and even though you are supposed to be 12 years to come in, they let my sweet baby boy Luke (4 years) in.  I could never tell you how happy he was.  Luke was the happiest boy on the face of this earth that he got to see his daddy get his medicine.  He was SOO cute.  He just kept smiling from ear to ear.  This is normally Jon's worst day but I know I saw him smile big on this day!  Luke was very interested in how the medicine gets in daddy so we were able to try to explain it to him as he watched it drip in.  It is sad in some ways and of course I cried when I saw how big Luke hugged Jon, but I also know that our kids will see first hand how God can heal and the miracles He works in our lives.  There are times that I get too focused on how sad it is that my kids are seeing their daddy sick .  How sad it is that he struggles to give the kids what they need right now.  It is sad that my children are constantly saying "daddy sick."  It is sad that they can't even hardly get near him because of the possibility of germs.  I just focus on the sadness of all this.  But again, I know this will make an impact in our kids lives when they see their daddy enduring and persevering the hardest thing he has ever been through.  And when they see the healing power of Jesus.  

This has been a really hard week for Jon.  It started out strong, we thought.  But by Tuesday, he was already going down hill. By Wednesday he could hardly crawl out of bed.  Please pray.  Jon is very discouraged.  He is weary.  He is tired of being "sick."  He is tired of being tired.  He is tired of not living his "normal" life.  Please pray for him.

Also, will you please pray for Judy, Betsy, Belle and Mr. Stancil. These are 4 people that we have gotten to know in the infusion room and they are also going through chemo.  They are all very sweet and have been great to us.  They have become our friends and been an encouragement to us.  Pray that God will heal them of their cancer.

2 comments:

Mack said...

I love you - - I am tired with you Jon - I understand (in a different sort of way)- I am praying we will all experience God in such ways that will impact all of our kids for eternity. Love you all soooo

AmyG said...

Praying and sitting with you, Jon and Donna, in this hard, hard time. Sweet, sweet Luke. Loving you all and lifting you all up~ The AZ Fam