I bet I got your attention?
Ryan had diarrhea all day Friday, like blow outs! I just chalked it up to something he ate must have not set well because everyone else seemed great. Saturday morning, 5 AM I wake up to Jon helping Luke throw up!! He is not even supposed to be getting up with the kids, much less to help them THROW UP!! Luke threw up from 5AM - 8AM. Needless to say I sent Jon back to bed and helped Luke. I called my mom at 7AM and told her to be thinking about coming and helping me because if it was the stomach virus I knew I couldn't do it alone. I texted Jon's mom at 7AM and asked her to be over by 7:45. I'm sure our moms love getting the 911 calls at 7AM!
I kicked Jon out of the house and his mom came over from 8AM-2PM when I put everyone to bed for naps. Luke still wasn't eating much but seemed alright. I almost cancelled my mom coming but after talking to Karen, decided to play it safe. Everyone woke up at 4:45PM, my mom came at 5PM, and Luke started throwing up all over the floor at 5:15PM!! Ok, so I was very glad I did not CANCEL my mom! Clearly at this point, I knew it was the stomach bug. Luke threw up a few more times, and my mom and I were SUPER busy taking care of kids. Sunday morning we woke up and started CLEANING! We cleaned EVERYTHING. We washed all sheets, clothes, towels. Cleaned door knobs, bathrooms, light switches, etc. Ok, my mom did most of it, but i helped:o) We got the house cleaned and sanitized so that Jon could come back home Sunday night. So far, no one else has gotten it but Emma Kate is pitiful with a cold. We are still being super careful with Jon's contact with the kids but I think we are on the mend.
JON--he is doing great! He says he feels NORMAL! He is still a bit tired, but other than that, he is doing so well. He is working everyday and we are so grateful for that. He will have a follow up appointment from his surgery Thursday and his port placement on Friday. Pray that he will not have post surgery nausea. He starts his 2nd round of chemo on Monday, February 25. Pray for strength for him!
Cute conversations with Luke (4).
Me: "Daddy is going to look a little different soon. He is taking some medicine that will make his hair fall out. "
Luke: (After a long pause), "Momma, I don't ever want to take medicine that makes my hair fall out!"
That is so my Luke! Fast forward to last night. I am rocking Luke and Emma Kate. We pray together for daddy every night. Luke decided he wanted to pray.
Luke: "Dear God, bless us and thank you for this day. Pray for daddy that his head fall out of his hair. Amen. Emma Kate, daddy is taking medicine to make his head fall out of his hair. I hope you don't ever have to take medicine that makes your hair fall out. And daddy is going to look different."
Me: "Luke, daddy will not have hair on his chin and upper lip or his head."
Luke: (pauses) "Daddy is just going to only have a head!"
Me: "Luke, the medicine is doing good things for daddy. Remember where his boo-boo is?
Luke: "Yes, in his testins"
Obviously we have never directly told him Jon has testicular cancer. So, those of you with kids, little ears are listening! Luke is a very hilarious child. He keeps us laughing all the time and his memory is unbelievable. He also loves God with all his heart and he has been so sweet to Jon and takes care of him.
3 comments:
Nooo!!! I am so sorry you guys got the bug :( But Luke sure is adorable! :)
So sorry .... I mean really could y'all add anything to the mix!!! Yay for moms....Miss you tons. Love and prayers.
Craziness!! I am so glad you all survived and praise God for family support. So thankful that Jon was safe through it all, too. So sorry for all the sickness, though. Love all their sweet hearts and comments. Praising God that Jon is feeling so much better!!!! Amazing and such an answer to prayer. We are continuing to pray!!! Love to you all, The Buckeye Fam :)
Post a Comment