Sunday, February 10, 2013

Home in Hilton Head

Emma Kate hanging out with daddy while he is resting in bed.
Ryan playing with his kitchen with his sunglasses.  Ok, so i HAVE to explain the "outfit."  It is his pajamas!  The pink is just because they were the only ones clean.  He has to wear zip up PJ's with a non-stretchy shirt on top otherwise he take his clothes and diaper off in bed!!  I learned my lesson after cleaning up poop and pee from his bed for the 10th time, and i said NO MORE!  So, this is the only thing we tried that worked!  Sorry Ryan, for the pink pj's.  Hopefully you will forgive me one day:o)
Sara (Jon's sister) came in town from Texas!  She was a huge help and was in Atlanta, and then drove to HHI with us.
If you do not know, Luke LOVES music!  Here he is playing a song for daddy to help him get better!  He has been super sweet and is very concerned about how daddy is doing.
Here we are celebrating my birthday!!:o)  
Here is Jon at the infusion center after his last day of treatment for the week.  5 treatments honestly about did him in!  He is having a very hard time recovering.  He is staying out of work Monday, but pray for him as he tries to work the rest of the week.  He has ZERO energy!  The picture below is during his last treatment.  They gave him some "relaxing" meds and it worked!  


Jon is just flat out struggling.  Please pray for his nausea and indigestion.  On top of that, he is EXHAUSTED.  It is all he can do to get himself out of bed for a few minutes at a time.  I am very proud of him though because he is eating a little and drinking A LOT!  Here is a little secret about Jon.  He is OBSESSIVE compulsive and EXCESSIVE compulsive.  I have always given him a hard time about it.  He cannot eat 1 cookie, he eats the whole box.  He cannot put a little bit of syrup on a pancake, he puts the whole bottle, etc.  Well, all these years of giving him a hard time about it, it is finally in my favor!! So, he likes gatorade which is good and HATES the taste of water.  I know that any fluids is good, but I also know that water is GREAT.  So I always bring him a water and a gatorade.  Every time I head in his room with a water bottle he gives me such a DIRTY look!  But every time I go back in to check on him the water is GONE:o)  He is trying with all his might to stay hydrated because he knows that this will help him stay so far ahead of everything!  He is drinking AT LEAST 120 oz/day (EXCESSIVE COMPULSIVE):o).  Half of it is water!   I am super proud of him!

Although I'm sure the kids get on Jon's nerves at times, he loves seeing them.  They love running in his room and giving him hugs and kisses.  It is so precious.  Every time I say "SHHH, daddy is sleeping."  Ryan says, "Daddy sick."  They understand that he is sick and has to take medicine.  But they are missing their daddy!  I can tell they long to spend time with him and do things with him.  Pray for all of us as we all have to deal with this in a different way.  As Jon is struggling physically, I can tell this is wearing on the kids emotionally especially the weeks we get treatment because Jon and I are gone a good portion of the day and do not spend a ton of time with the kids.  They are well taken care of for which we are grateful but this is not "normal" for them.

Please continue praying for Jon!  He expressed today that he has no idea how he will make it through 3 more rounds of this.  I know he will because he is strong and determined but it is by far the hardest thing he has ever done or been through.  I cannot even imagine!  Pray for strength for him!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Donna,
I think we have only met once. I use to teach with Jon's father at Mt. Hebron and Jon and I would play basketball together. Please know my wife and I are keeping your entire family in our prayers. Let Jon know Scott Ruehl said "the good news for today is Duke won and should be the number one team in the nation tomorrow. Go Tarheels"

AmyG said...

Wow. Teared up as I read this. I am sooo sorry for this struggle and how much it is zapping dear Jon and how you all are bearing so much. Praying, praying, praying. With you in spirit every day. Much love, The AZ Fam :)