But with my kids, I don't. Emma Kate woke up at 5AM this morning (Tuesday) and was throwing up for a solid 3 hours. It was just awful. She got weak very quickly and it was very hard to watch. So it was a 911 call to my mom at 6:30AM to ask her if she could take off work. I knew there was no way my sister could take care of 5 kids, one throwing up alone. So of course my mom came right away. Jon was meeting with his oncologist this morning, and with this being his last round I felt like it was important for me to be there. So I left my sick child, and went with Jon. I have never done that before! But the last time I chose staying with sick children, and leaving Jon to deal with medical by himself is when he had to find out alone his cancer was in his lungs! And I have felt guilty about it since! As of tonight, Emma Kate is doing a lot better. She still isn't eating, but her color has come back, and she has some of her energy back. Pray that if it is a virus, no one else will catch it, especially Jon!
Jon's week has been really good so far. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! He has not had indigestion at all! Only a little bit of food aversion. And definitely fatigue but he stayed outside tonight with the kids for a while. Thanks for all the prayers and keep 'em coming! I wanted to stick a picture in here I took on Monday. This was as close as he could get to the Final Four Championship game. This was his view while getting chemo pumped into him. Poor thing, he wanted to be there SO bad! But his fatigue is so bad he fell asleep last night and didn't see the end of the game. And those of you who know Jon well, know that he has NEVER fallen asleep during a sporting event like that!
Just one last story. We stopped at Starbucks in Macon on our way to Atlanta on Sunday. I had a gift card so I took it out of my purse and $2 in case I was running low. When I ordered, I realized I was way short on money. So I tell the cashier I will run to my car and get more money. The guy behind me steps in, hands the cashier his credit card and tells me not to go to my car, it is not a big deal. So of course, I tried to get him not to pay but he insisted. So I thanked him and gave him the $2 I had. As I stood waiting for my drink, I saw that he was over working on his computer. I thought I can't just walk out of here and not tell him what is going on. So, I walk over and say "Sir, my husband has cancer and we are on our way to Atlanta for his treatments and you just need to know you have been a blessing to me today!" He stands up and says, "May I pray for you?" He prays such a precious prayer for Jon whom he has never met. I felt God's presence and of course I cried. I gave him my blog so that in the very least he wouldn't be left hanging. So Stephen, hopefully you are reading this! Again, thanks for being a blessing. At the very beginning of this process Jon and I were in Phipps Mall. We were wasting time between appointments. A girl walks up to us and gives us a bracelet she had made. We start talking to her and told her an idea Jon had for a bracelet which is GOD STRONG. We told her he came up with the idea when he was recently told he had cancer. She asked if she could pray with us, and we stood, along with her family in the middle of Phipps Mall and she prayed for Jon. 2 really cool stories of this experience. God is present!


2 comments:
Wow, yes He is present. What cool stories! I will pray no one else gets the bug! Glad Emma Kate is feeling a little better
Lord God, please spare this sweet family from the stomach bug. Sweet Emma Kate! And, Donna, I am so sorry you were having to choose whom to take care of-- so glad your Mama was there and your sis. You are all so very amazing, and the story of the man who prayed. I am amazed at God's tenderness; what a blessing. Praising God that Jon is doing well so far, but will be praying that the effects to come will be as mild as possible. Love you all, Amy and fam :)
Post a Comment